One of the working parties established by the Lambeth Schools Partnership - Challenge For All - aims to improve outcomes for more able pupils in Lambeth schools and identify and share best practice and strategies that have the most impact on outcomes for more able pupils.
This free session is intended to assist governors in playing their part.
The aspirational agenda is clear: educational excellence for all. But knowing how to put this into practice can be challenging.
This thought-provoking session places a lens on provision for more able learners, exploring principles and strategies to inform a whole-school approach to challenge and high achievement for all and drive sustainable school improvement.
We will start to think about and consider what your school approach is by thinking about:
- What does a whole school approach to the more able look like?
- How to provide a curriculum that meets the needs of the more able and supports excellence for all
- Supporting staff to deliver high quality, differentiated teaching
- Strategies to build resilience and self esteem amongst children and young people
- Moving away from labels to refocus on strengths and challenges
A session led by an experienced NACE (National Association for Able Children in Education) trainer, this is an opportunity to meet other link governors responsible for the More Able and to learn how to drive this important agenda in school and how to hold school leaders to account for outcomes for more able pupils.
To book your place, please contact your School Business Manager.
Governors interested in More Able/Higher Achieving Pupils - or the equivalent role - and those governors who are interested in raising attainment and increasing the challenge for all pupils