Governing boards have a major role to play in the arrangements their school makes to keep children safe and to promote the welfare of all children, especially vulnerable children.
There is no charge for this session, as it is funded by the Home Office.
This course will provide an understanding of the roles of governors and senior leaders in supporting and promoting the Prevent legal duty, including:
- Recognising vulnerabilities towards radicalisation and making referrals.
- Working in Partnership – how best to work with local partners and the community to build resilience for young people in your school and the borough.
- Developing Formal and informal curriculum – building children’s resilience to radicalisation, embedding British Values in your curriculum and outline of resources on offer.
- Developing policies and risk assessments.
- Ensuring staff are equipped to recognise vulnerabilities.
- Further resources and support available.
You will have a general understanding of the Prevent Duty and the expectations of governors.
Confidence in establishing leadership and accountable structures that are visible throughout the organisation, developing local partnerships, equipping staff and building pupil’s resilience towards radicalisation.
To book your place, please contact your School Business Manager.
This course is suitable for all governors.